What the heck is a Mind-Body Coach?
- In a nutshell: a life coach helps people clarify and articulate what they want most from life and how best to achieve it. Coaching helps people who feel stuck work through their obstacles in order to create the results they want in all areas of life, work and relationships. It's kind of like having a “personal trainer for your soul”.
- A Mind-Body Coach facilitates awareness of the mind-body connection (how mind effects body and vice versa) to help clients discover healing from a wide array of mind and/or body symptoms. Symptoms can include just about any type of physical, emotional or mental discomfort you can think of: chronic pain, illness, overwhelm, excessive worry, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, weight issues and so on. Rather than simply trying to manage or mask the symptoms by taking medication or by some other means, the mind-body approach involves healing the root cause of the issues by helping clients to discover their unique mind-body conditioning that has been learned and practiced repeatedly over the course of their lives, so much so that it has become automatic and outside of our awareness.
- Our conditioning includes the habitual ways we think and feel. Through the process of coaching, clients become more conscious of their habits that don't support what they want. They learn and begin to practice simple mind and body awareness techniques that support them to unlearn old habits and create new ones that are more aligned with their life and health goals.
- I am passionate about the power of these tools and I’m living proof that they really do work. In my personal experience, I have used these methods to dissolve anxiety, depression and a slew of physical symptoms, and more recently mind-body awareness was my go-to approach for healing from chronic back pain after a lower back injury. I’m thrilled to be symptom free and able to engage in yoga and exercise again after a long hiatus.
- Coaching isn’t a substitute for therapy. It's not for people with serious emotional or mental problems. It’s about creating results. It focuses on changing habitual attitudes and behaviors resulting from past experiences.
- Coaching sessions with me are typically via telephone. Sessions can be recorded and sent to you via mp3 file if desired.
- Coaching sessions are a collaborative experience in which you, as the client, take an active role in delving into your personal experience to uncover insights and awareness about what's driving the difficulty or challenge that you're facing. I, as the coach will never give you advice or tell you what is right or wrong for you. Rather, I will support you to uncover this for yourself.
- During sessions it helps to be in a quiet space if possible.
Click here to view offerings.
To travel is to take a journey into yourself.